In our effort to continue serving our customers better and in order to expedite their (and your own) local and international money transfers, we are now required to ensure to complete actual physical addresses (referred to as ‘declared address’) for all local and international transfer, whether these are done online or at a branch.
Please ensure that the customer clearly denotes the area, block, street and house number that they currently reside in when doing a transfer. The same details will apply to you when you do a money transfer.
These changes will be rolled out to production early on Friday morning 21 June 2013.
For more information, please refer to our Q&A section.
- What is a “Declared Address”?
It is your own physical address details which will be required before we could transfer money to a beneficiary on your behalf..
- From when will this new address be required?
These changes will be required from 21 June 2013 onwards.
- Will this new address be applicable to payments made in local currency (KWD) and Foreign currency payments?
Yes, all payments to a third party will be impacted and will require you to provide your own physical address at least once.
- Why are we introducing another address?
International banks are lately requesting NBK to provide the physical addresses of their customers or else the transfer will be rejected by the international banks.
- What will happen if I do not complete these new address details?
Once these changes have been rolled out, it will not be possible to successfully make a payment unless these address details have been completed at least once.
- Why do I have to complete these address details in English?
These address details are send via SWIFT which only accepts the English alphabet.
- Will there be any messages to guide me should I not complete the address details correctly?
Yes, error messages will provide you with details on which characters will be valid entries.
- Will customers have to provide proof of their declared addresses?
NBK will not be requiring actual proof like a Civil ID with regards to declared addresses but a customer has to sign that he/ she confirms their address.
- How will the Declared Address differ from the current addresses that we have on the system?
Home address details currently on the system need to align to Civil ID address details but is not necessarily the actual address where the customer lives.
- Is this new Declared Address my own address or that of the person whom I am paying?
This new ‘Declared Address’ refer to your own address – your own physical address.
- Will these details be applicable to new and existing customers?
Yes, all of our existing customers will provide these address details the first time that they do a money transfer.
- Will I have to provide/ update my Declared Address details when making transfers in the branch and online?
No, you only have to provide these details for the first payment that you do. It will not be required to repeat the same information for payments made through the branch and online.
- If I do a payment on WOL and then go into the branch to do another payment, will I be required to provide my address details again?
No, you will only have to provide it once.
- Will I be able to update my address details if I move house?
Yes, you can update/ edit your address details every time that you make a money transfer.
- Will I be able to update/ edit my Declared Address details on WOL?
Yes, you will be able to see your address details previously provided and you will be able to update it via Watani Online.
- Can I complete my PO Box address details as my Declared Address?
No, it needs to be the actual address where you live.
- What do I do if my address does not include an Avenue Number or name?
Avenue number or names is not a compulsory fields and therefore not required. Required fields are indicated with a red asterisk.
- Will I receive a notification if my Declared Address details are changed on WOL?
Yes, an SMS will be sent to you on your registered mobile number.
- To which transactions does this new Declared Address refer?
- Outgoing international money transfers – KD and foreign currency
- Outgoing local money transfers – KD and foreign currency
- International standing orders
- Can my Declared Address be different than my Civil ID address?
Yes, it can be.
- Are payments made through Mobile Banking included in this?
No, it is currently not included but will be included in phase 2.
- What happens if a company representative brings a payment instruction?
If this payment instruction is on a company letterhead and it provides details of an actual address, this will be used as the customer’s Declared Address.
- Can a customer have an international address i.e. non-Kuwait address?
Yes, it is possible.
- In Kuwait City there are no Block numbers, what do I enter into that field?
Entry of a 00 will be allowed in this field